Our design team offers a diverse range of skills and experience, allowing us to tailor resources to specific client requirements.
In addition to our key personnel, we have access to a pool of highly qualified landscape draftspersons, artists and visualisers. We have also developed successful working relationships with suppliers of quality materials, plant stock and landscape construction services, ensuring that our exacting standards are met throughout the design and construction phases.
We currently carry out our design work to BIM level 2, the outputs of which can vary depending on client requirements and project complexity. COBie/IFC data for all our planting designs can be produced where the client requires an operational BIM model for ongoing management and maintenance.
Our internal CAD standards and file naming systems are based upon the following industry standards for collaborative working:
• BS1192:2007 Collaborative production of architectural, engineering and construction information – Code of practice.
• AEC (UK) CAD Standards for Layer Naming 2011
We undertake sustainable practices and can offer a range of technologies and approaches to reduce the environmental impact of our designs:
• Grey water recycling and rain water harvesting
• Recycling and use of composted materials
• Design of drought tolerant planting
• Implementation of green walls and green roofs
• Sustainable drainage systems, permeable paving
• Reduction of run off into mains drains and sewers
• Soft landscaping solutions for urban areas
• Waste minimisation measures
• Maximum biodiversity within planting schemes
• Urban greening
• Ethical sourcing of hard landscape materials and strict observation of FSC and other codes
• Low carbon lighting, energy controls and management
• BREEAM and CfSH aware
Client satisfaction lies at the heart of what we do. Our internal Project Management System is based on the principles of ‘plan – do – check – review’ in accordance with ISO 9001. This quality assurance system is implemented through regular internal design review meetings and workshops, sign-off procedures, and most importantly, feedback from our clients.